As an EOC provider, GSE leverages specialized, high value engineering design and implementation to create end-to-end solutions that reduce risk and optimize performance.
In the spirit of sustainability, GSE Engineering has both younger and more experienced staff, some with more than 30 years experience. We are a fullservice consulting engineering firm supporting the continued safe and cost-effective operation of power generating facilities through engineered solutions and project management.
Our mechanical design engineering team is well versed
in the design and license basis of plant systems, and
our design solutions seek to preserve them.
- System design and layout, including Piping &
Instrumentation Diagrams, component location and
- System operating mode calculations
- Piping analysis, component specs, system evaluations
- Identification of ASME Section XI boundaries
- Waste stream reduction analysis
- HVAC design, sizing & off-normal operational
GSE’s team focuses on power plant electrical, instrumentation and control systems. Though medium and low-voltage systems within the power block make up most of our engineering work.
- System design and layout including development of
one-line and other electrical / I&C schematic
diagrams, component layout and selection
- Electrical transient analysis using ETAP (load flow, arc
flash, short circuit relay coordination, cable ampacity,
- Breaker replacement, inverter replacement
- Appendix R
- Digital upgrades
- Protective relaying
Our civil and structural engineering team perform analyses and design services for nuclear power plant structures, including support of plant systems and components.
- Foundations, reinforced concrete, structural-steel,
- Piping supports, pipe stress analysis, other
suspended system design and analysis
- Seismic qualification
- Temporary and permanent shielding requests
Fire protection is unique in that it consists of not only a regulatory-required program, but also a collection of individual systems and components.
GSE engineers perform fire protection analysis and design services, applying both deterministic and probabilistic rules and methods.
- Fire protection licensing & compliance
- Fire protection programs (10CFR 50 Appendix R,
NFPA 805, etc.)
- Evaluation & analysis
- Design & qualification
- System layout
- Identification of maintenance, testing & surveillance
Design Engineering & Modifications
GSE is a full-service consulting engineering firm supporting the continued safe and cost-effective operation of power generating facilities through engineered solutions and project management.
- Design studies to evaluate modification alternatives
- Conceptual & final designs
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Engineering support during field installation, testing,
Engineer of Choice Provider
GSE leverages specialized, high-value engineering design and implementation services to create end-to-end solutions that reduce risk and optimize performance. In the spirit of sustainability, we maintain a deep bench of expertise that includes both bright, promising engineers and staff members with 40 or more years of industry experience.
Our goal is to provide the solution that is best for your facility and your goals; from process or procedure changes to facility modifications, design and implementation…a true partner you can count on.
GSE Design & Analysis performs work in accordance with our nuclear Quality Assurance Program, meeting the requirements of 10CFR50 Appendix B. We are also proficient at completing managed task projects under the auspices of our clients’ QA programs. In these instances, GSE personnel are trained on the clients’ programs and complete relevant client qualification cards. Client QA Training can often be conducted in house by our staff certified as trainers/mentors.
Quality means going beyond the legal requirements — it reflects the pride in our work and the services we provide to our clients. The requirements and commitments contained in the QA Program are mandatory and must be implemented, enforced, and adhered to by our employees. The GSE Design & Analysis QA Program is administered under the direction of our QA Manager, who has direct access to the highest level of GSE management and is required to make periodic reports to them regarding program effectiveness.
Engineering & Consulting Services
GSE Engineering is a leading provider of engineering and consulting services to the power industry in the United States. Our client-focused
approach creates value and gives our clients a competitive edge. Our company was founded to provide value-added engineering services to the US power industry. Established in 1995, GSE Design & Analysis continues to thrive because of our customer first, right solution attitude. GSE focuses on the right solution, often resulting in less scope for GSE and lower costs for our customers.
Our primary goal is to establish client relationships while ensuring our clients’ short and long term goals are met in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner. Core competencies are engineering, project studies and design modifications, but through alliances with our teaming partners, we offer a myriad of related services.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Scoping Studies to identify the right solution
for an issue
- Balance of Plant Modifications
- Degraded Voltage Assessments and Modifications
- Independent Third Party Reviews of High Risk
- Cyber Security Evaluations and Support
- Diesel Generators
- Digital Control Systems Upgrades
- Installation, Testing, Startup Support
- Turbine Generators
- Project Management
- Engineering Staff Augmentation